I develop leadership capacity in the areas of diversity, complexity, uncertainty and change. Diversity New Zealand's team and I work with individuals, teams, organisations, schools, communities and Government.
I have a broad professional experience including counselling, social work, creative and social entrepreneurship, and leadership. I also had a fifteen-year career as a professional, award-winning comedian (1997-2012).
I was named one of the Top 10 diversity consultants in the inaugural Global Diversity List, the first ever assessment of the world’s leading authorities on diversity, announced on Saturday 31 October 2015. I have been put on the list again in 2016.
We draw on a diverse range of skills when working with clients, including:
- public speaking
- facilitation and facilitated conversations
- thought leadership and leadership development
- strategic and policy advice
- developmental evaluation
- mentoring and coaching
- project and process management
- writing and editing
- online systems and web design
- social media.
- 2015: Recognised as one of the Top 10 diversity consultants in the inaugural Global Diversity List, the first ever assessment of the world’s leading authorities on diversity.
- 2014: Inaugural Arts Access Accolade, which recognises the life-time achievements of an individual who has played a significant role in working with Arts Access Aotearoa to achieve its vision of a society where all people in New Zealand can participate in the arts.
- 1999: Billy T James awardee for commitment and contribution to NZ's comedy industry.
- 1997-2003: Regular appearances on Pulp Comedy and had a brief but acclaimed role in Shortland Street.
- 1994-1998: NZ Human Rights Commission: investigation, education and publications.
My Myers-Briggs Personality Type is INTJ – Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging.
(Updated July 2016)